Friday, January 29, 2010

January 29, 2010 Devotions

 

Exodus 8:10 b: “…that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God.”  How true it is that I serve a God unlike any other!  He is good, loving, patient, kind, yet He is holy, just, and true.  I want it to be true, as did Moses, that those around me can know – by looking at my life – that there is none like unto the LORD my God.

While I'm sure it was hard for the Israelites to be in bondage in Egypt, God was using even that for good.  Had they not been in bondage, there would have been no signs before Pharaoh as Moses entreated for their release.  But what was the purpose of the signs before Pharaoh?  To show that there is none like Him in all the earth!  He showed Himself to Pharaoh and gave him the opportunity to repent, but Pharaoh hardened His heart.  I may be going through something unpleasant, or undesirable, or even tragic, but the LORD can and will use it in the lives of those around me to show that there is none like Himself.  What an awesome God I serve!

But sometimes the trials and circumstances in my life may be for my own benefit, as in Matthew 14:23-34.  The disciples were sent into the storm to test and prove their faith.  Jesus showed His power and then asked, “O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?”  They had forgotten so soon Who their Master was, but He came to them walking on the water.  Even in the darkest times of life, Jesus is there beside me, watching over me, protecting me, and growing my faith.

Exodus 8:19 b: “…This is the finger of God…”  What an awesome thought.  The Egyptian magicians looked at what God had done, and they knew it was God who had done it.  They saw the finger of God at work around them.

Exodus 8:23 – there should be a notable difference between the people of God and the people of the world.

Matthew 16:24-26  “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.  25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.  26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”

No comments: