Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010 Devotions

Exodus 13

Exodus 13:3  for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this place:

Exodus 13:8  And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt.

Exodus 13:9  And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.

Exodus 13:14  By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:

Exodus 13:16  And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes: for by strength of hand the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt.

The LORD does so much for us by strength of hand, to show Himself strong on our behalf.  Do I even notice when His hand is working around me?  Or am I blind, until I am overwhelmed and finally come to Him, laying my burden at His feet.  In weakness I cry, “Lord, work on my behalf.  I cannot do it alone.  I need you.”  And then He tenderly responds, “I have been working.  Didn’t you see my hand in your circumstances?  I have been waiting for you to bring this to me.  Why did you try to bear it on your own?  Stand back, and watch me work in strength, and do not forget what I do for you.  Teach it to your children.”  Oh, I pray that my children will recognize His hand sooner and easier than I do!

Matthew 21:22 ties right in with this - “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”

Specific prayer requests -

  1. Unmistakable Holy Spirit guidance regarding NYC – for me and for Ben.
  2. Wisdom regarding dropping our health care coverage, or that Ben can add us to his policy without a waiting period.
  3. Health, especially for Elaine, during the month without health care coverage.

No comments: