Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feb. 10, 2010 Devotions

Matthew 25:31-36
Never underestimate the importance of hospitality or ministry to the brethren.  It is the same as ministering to Christ Himself, and he places great importance on it.

Matthew 26:1-13
Sometimes it is the one who seems least important, or little educated, or small that is the one who really “gets it.”  The disciples had been with Jesus for three years – listening to Him, living with Him, eating with Him.  Yet they didn’t understand that He would die.  Mary, a quiet woman who opened her home to Jesus, listened with her heart and God opened her understanding, and she anointed Him against His burial.  I’m sure the disciples discounted her.  “She’s just a hostess” or “just a woman.”  But she is the one who was honored because she actually listened to and understood the words of Jesus.

Matthew 26:33-35
I am so glad that the Lord chose Peter to be a disciple – it means there is hope for me!  Good ole’ Peter was convinced that he would never deny the Lord.  I stick my foot in my mouth and make assumptions of my actions as he did.  Yet when he repented, the Lord used him in a mighty way at Pentecost.

Exodus 29:45-46  And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.  46 And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.

Ex. 31:29 – Interesting that whatever touched the sanctified objects would be hold, instead of the unclean making the clean unclean.

Exodus 31
What an honor for Bezaleel to be chosen by the Lord for the work of the tabernacle, and to be filled with the spirit of God for the work.  Has God chosen us for the work in NYC?  Is He filling us with His Spirit to complete the task?

No comments: