Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb. 15, 2010 Devotions

President’s Day

Mark 1:7  And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.

John was a humble man and recognized his place in comparison with his Lord.

Mark 1:16-18   Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.  17 And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.  18 And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.

The disciples immediately left their former lives of sin and followed Christ.  What remnant of my former life is still apparent?  Do I have vestiges of the sinful me that I still indulge?  In what areas am I unwilling to forsake all and follow Christ?

No comments: