Monday, February 22, 2010

Feb. 22, 2010 Devotions – Help My Unbelief

Leviticus 10:10  And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;

While I may not “be” holy as God is, yet He looks upon me as holy when He sees Jesus Christ.  I am to live a “holy” life before Him, and before others, that they may see a difference between the holy and the unholy.

Mark 4:40 “And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?”  This is what Jesus said to His disciples just after the storm.  He was in the boat with them the entire time, yet they thought that they were about to perish, and awoke Him in fear.  Sometimes this idea of living in Brooklyn, of moving, of making it financially, of raising a family in the City, of being a Pastor’s wife, make me very fearful.  Like giants of doubt and failure breathing down upon me.  And what is His response (when I finally bring my burden to His feet)?  “Why are you so fearful?  Where is your faith?”  I pray with the man of Mark 9:24 - “Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.”  I want to have stronger faith.  I want to trust my Lord and rely upon His promises…as a way of life and not just as a last resort.  Lord – help my unbelief!

Mark 5:36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

No comments: